Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Distance

Luckily, thanks to mother Internet, i'm am reminded of the vast amount of water that separates me from my previous home.

16, 270,8480 inches of pacific ocean water and some of the mainland (for good measure) are between me and the archipelago of Hawaii.  Two thousand, Five hundred and sixty eight miles as reckoned by cellphone GPS/tower triangulation. If you mentioned to me a year ago that i would be wondering about the most efficient way to irrigate a farm... well, how much acid have you dropped?

Would i have even considered  the idea of 100°F weather? Farm Work? Uncertain futures? Implements of Husbandry? The lack of rice everywhere? 

You know, i used to think Waianae was very far away.

In the midst of all this, we adapt. My little farm out in the middle of nowhere is pretty neat. 

 Let's check back in a year. I have turned off the cabin indicators, you are now free to roam about the Internet. Wear sunscreen and a hat. 





No comments: