Sunday, April 6, 2008

Night in Newberg


It was time for a supply restock. It was decided that we were off to the Fred Meyer in Newberg. I didn't think we'd make the closing, but we actually stopped at Chapters book store to fix my book fix. I haven't cracked open a book in about two months, so why not. I might even get my first sip of Stumptown.

hmm. Set my expectations too high, I did, hmm? Expecting something, were you?

Couple of hints, Chapters. More books? Perhaps it was my lack of exposure to paper for that length of time, perhaps I was cranky, but it appears that the Fred Meyer has a more diverse selection of books then the  local bookstore? No copy of "The Hobbit" at either store, nor was there a copy of "Neuromancer" or any books on Programming, Ciscos, or Unix.  

Exit Chapters.

Exterior Fred Meyers. Night.

I picked up a copy of "Fugitives and Refugees: A walk in Portland, Oregon" by Chuck Palahniuk from Fred's.

Disclaimer:

Nope, never read any of his books. Nope, never saw the movie "Fight Club". Correct. I did not.

End Disclaimer.

I also picked up  "A Whole New Mind Why Right Brainers Will Rule the Future" by Daniel H. Pink. So far, the Portland book is very entertaining. Once the other book is done, I suspect a quest to Powells or another book store is in order. Reading on the computer is reading, but it is no replacement for Reading. 

In other news, the kitten appears to be going into her first heat. Hey, any of you guys want cat pee or yowling? Sound good?

Aloha!

No comments: